- Enjoy your stunning boat ride to Spirit Bear Lodge
- Immerse yourself in BC’s West Coast Indigenous culture
- Visit exclusive areas in the Kitasoo Xai’xais territory
- Hike through trails, feel the peace and richness of a land protected by it’s people
- Whale watching, sea otters and other marine life
- Explore rivers seeking salmon and hungry bears
- View wildlife on land within the Great Bear Rainforest
- Enjoy an evening in the Klemtu Big House
- 3, 4 and 7 night packages arriving on Mondays and Fridays
Best Time to See Wildlife
We were looked after so well by the First Nations guides. It was obvious that they care deeply, and are very protective of, stunning wildlife and surroundings. Thank you to everyone at Spirit Bear Lodge, it was truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience!"
Great Bear Rainforest. A new day, a new adventure....
3 Night Tour Package
Arrive Friday - Depart Monday
World class wildlife tours in the Great Bear Rainforest offering a chance to see the rare Spirit Bear. Experience the feeding frenzy firsthand as bears, eagles, sea lions, and whales fill up on the fall salmon for the long winter ahead.
4 Night Tour Package
Arrive Monday - Depart Friday
Immerse yourself in BC's West Coast Indigenous culture while you hike through trails, feel the peace and richness of a land protected by it's people. Explore rivers, enjoy stunning boat rides and cozy up in the stunning great room at the end of your exciting day.
7 Night Tour Package
Arrive Monday - Depart Monday
This is your chance to experience the best of what Spirit Bear Lodge has to offer. Experience an ancient culture, spectacular wildlife viewing, stunning landscapes and reconnect with nature. Immerse yourself in true wilderness on a grand scale, deep in the heart of the Great Bear Rainforest.
A Typical Day at Spirit Bear Lodge
Each day in the Great Bear Rainforest is different from the next but here is a little bit of an idea of what you might expect your experience to look like
Every day at Spirit Bear Lodge is unique, we visit many diverse and awe-inspiring locations in search of wildlife.
Tours vary depending on recent wildlife sightings, guest interests, and weather. Some days could be spent waiting patiently in one river system for wildlife to appear, while others could involve visiting several locations. For the more adventurous, we offer hiking, kayaking, and canoeing options in some of nature’s most stunning places.
Kitasoo Xai’xais culture is integrated into each day through spending time with local guides, visiting cultural sites, and learning the history of the Kitasoo/Xai’xais people. Our staff share their intimate knowledge of traditional foods, medicinal plants, and stories passed down through generations.
Our goal is to deliver a transformative experience through complete immersion in nature by sharing our appreciation for the Great Bear Rainforest.
Arrive at Spirit Bear Lodge
- Pacific Coastal Airlines scheduled flight Vancouver to Bella Bella
- You are met and assisted with a van transfer to the Bella Bella town docks
- Our boat awaits, this is where your adventure begins!
- Search for wildlife on your way to Spirit Bear Lodge for an afternoon arrival
- After checking in, enjoy a late lunch and a welcome orientation
- You will be guided to the traditional Big House for a unique cultural experience
- Return to the lodge for appetizers, drinks followed by dinner and a relaxing evening
Great Bear Rainforest
- 7am breakfast, meet on the dock at 8am for a day of adventure
- Activities may include:
- wildlife/bear viewing
- whale watching
- kayaking or canoeing
- visiting ancient Indigenous cultural sites
- We explore lush estuaries, stunning inlets with immense waterfalls and granite cliffs
- Return in time for appetizers and dinner
- Each evening may include a presentation or cultural discussion
Klemtu - Bella Coola - Vancouver
- After breakfast, pack up and depart the lodge by 8am to Bella Bella
- Soak in the serenity of the Great Bear Rainforest your final morning with us
- Depart on Pacific Coastal Airlines flight back to Vancouver
- You arrive at Vancouver South Terminal where your package comes to an end
- Breakfast and snacks included today
Know Before You Go
Good mobility is essential for travel on the trails and for embarking and disembarking our vessels onto rocky shorelines and beaches. Trails can be overgrown, uneven and sometimes we make our own. A high level of fitness is not needed for our tours, but a high level of mobility is required.
Typically we can travel distances of anywhere from 200 yards to a mile at each river or estuary we visit and sometimes we visit more than one river or estuary in a day.
Given that we do our wildlife viewing from land in remote wilderness, good mobility is a necessity, and unfortunately , it is just not possible to make our tours more accessible.
If you have specific considerations or needs, we encourage you to consult your physicians recommendations.