Join us and and find yourself where a wild land meets a wild ocean.
Transformative wildlife and cultural tours in the heart of The Great Bear Rainforest. Local Kitasoo Xai'xais guides share their intimate knowledge of their Traditional Territory and the wildlife that call it home.
- Enjoy your stunning boat ride to Spirit Bear Lodge
- Immerse yourself in BC’s West Coast and Indigenous Culture
- Visit exclusive wildlife viewing areas in the Traditional Territory Kitasoo Xai’xais First Nation.
- Hike through trails, feel the peace and richness of a land protected by it’s People
- Whale watching, sea otters and other marine life
- Explore rivers seeking salmon and hungry bears
- View wildlife on land within The Great Bear Rainforest
- Enjoy an evening in the Klemtu Big House
We were looked after so well by the First Nations guides. It was obvious that they care deeply, and are very protective of, stunning wildlife and surroundings. Thank you to everyone at Spirit Bear Lodge, it was truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience!"
Limited remaining availability for 2023 packages!
3 Night Tour Package
Arrive Friday - Depart Monday
World class wildlife tours in The Great Bear Rainforest offering a chance to see the rare Spirit Bear. Experience the feeding frenzy firsthand as bears, eagles, sea lions, and whales fill up on the fall salmon for the long winter ahead.Availability
4 Night Tour Package
Arrive Monday - Depart Friday
Immerse yourself in BC's West Coast and Indigenous Culture. Hike through rainforest trails, feeling the peace and richness of a land protected by it's People. Explore rivers, enjoy stunning boat rides and cozy up in the great room after a day of adventure.Availability
7 Night Tour Package
Arrive Monday - Depart Monday
This is your chance to experience the best of what Spirit Bear Lodge has to offer. Connect to with a people and their culture, spectacular wildlife viewing, and stunning landscapes. Immerse yourself in true wilderness on a grand scale, deep in the heart of The Great Bear Rainforest.Availability
4 Night Package 2024
Join us for a transformative experience searching for the elusive spirit bear and all of the wildlife that call The Great Bear Rainforest home. Learn from the Kitasoo Xai'xais People about their history and culture. Come and find yourself where a wild land meets a wild ocean.Availability
6 Night Package 2024
Connect with the Kitasoo Xai'xais People who have stewarded this land for thousands of years. Seek out spectacular wildlife in and ancient rainforest, and the the waters of The Great Bear Sea. Experience the peace and calm of being immersed in true wilderness.Availability
A Typical Day at Spirit Bear Lodge
Each day in The Great Bear Rainforest is different from the next, but here is a little bit of an idea of what you might expect your experience to look like.
Every day at Spirit Bear Lodge is unique. We visit many diverse and awe-inspiring locations in search of wildlife. We travel in our comfortable heated boats for an hour to an hour and a half through the Traditional Territory of the Kitasoo Xai’xais First Nation to reach different wildlife viewing locations each day.
Tours vary depending on recent wildlife sightings and weather. Some days could be spent waiting patiently in one river system for wildlife to appear, while others could involve visiting several locations or exploring estuaries by zodiac.
Kitasoo Xai’xais Culture is integrated into each day through spending time with local guides, visiting Cultural sites, and learning the history of the Kitasoo Xai’xais People. Our staff share their intimate knowledge of traditional foods, medicinal plants, and stories passed down through generations.
Please note we do have a minimum age requirement of 12 years old to partake on our adventure packages.
Our goal is to deliver a transformative experience through complete immersion in nature and by sharing our appreciation for The Great Bear Rainforest.
Arrive at Spirit Bear Lodge
- Enjoy the Pacific Coastal Airlines scheduled flight from Vancouver to Bella Bella.
- You will be met at the airport and assisted with a van transfer to the Bella Bella town docks.
- Our boat awaits and this is where your adventure begins!
- Search for wildlife on your way to Spirit Bear Lodge for an afternoon arrival.
- After a warm welcome there is a guest orientation where you learn more about the adventure that awaits.
- Take some time to relax in your ocean view room or explore the village of Klemtu.
- Appetizers and drinks followed by dinner with other guests of the lodge and a relaxing evening or an educational presentation.
Great Bear Rainforest
- 7am breakfast, then meet on the dock at 8am for a day of adventure.
- Tour activities may include:
- Wildlife and bear viewing
- Whale watching
- Visiting ancient Indigenous Cultural sites
- We explore lush estuaries, forested rivers, stunning inlets with immense waterfalls and granite cliffs, beaches and rocky shoreline.
- Return to Spirit Bear Lodge in time for appetizers and dinner.
- Each evening may include a cultural experience or educational presentation, time to relax overlooking The Great Bear Sea, or the opportunity to explore the village of Klemtu.
Klemtu - Bella Bella - Vancouver
- After breakfast, pack up and depart the lodge by 8am to travel by boat back to Bella Bella.
- Soak in the serenity of The Great Bear Rainforest during your final morning with us.
- Depart on Pacific Coastal Airlines flight back to Vancouver.
- Arrive at Vancouver South Terminal where your tour package comes to an end.
- Breakfast and snacks are included for your travel home.
Know Before You Go
Good mobility is essential for travel on the trails and for embarking and disembarking our vessels onto rocky shorelines and beaches. Trails can be uneven and overgrown, and sometimes we even make our own. A high level of fitness is not needed for our tours, but a high level of mobility is required.
Typically we can travel distances of anywhere from 200 yards to a mile at each river or estuary we visit and sometimes we visit more than one river or estuary in a day.
Since we conduct our wildlife viewing tours from land in remote wilderness, good mobility is a necessity. Unfortunately it is just not possible to make our tours more accessible.
If you have specific considerations or needs we encourage you to consult your physicians recommendations.